Re: [CQ-Contest] NA February Sprint

To: Ted Bryant <W4NZ@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NA February Sprint
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:14:34 -0800
Ted, W4NZ Wrote to Cq-Contest:

> In the Northern California Contest Club's annual Sprint "Ladder"
>competition  . . . .
>Apparently someone recognized that there must be some
>geographical/propagational bias that warranted these groupings.

hmmm . .actually we just wanted to give out another bottle of wine :-)
 But it's hit a snag .. some guy called W4NZ won the East div
competition in '08, and TN is on of a vanishing small # of states to
which we can't ship wine from CA.  We have a 4th div also,
"newcomers". . and guess what. . N9RV operating from his new MT QTH
took that one .  And. . would you believe. . . MT is the one two
states in the West to which we can't ship wine from CA.  Maybe we're
seeing a correlation here, but I sure hope not, since our new QTH at
Mt. Dali Dona, CA includes a small winery.  At least Danny K7SS will
get his bottle shortly for winning the West (non-NCCC in CA/NV).
We're having to get creative for the other two. (Ted, Pat I'll write
you separately shortly).

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director for NCCC Sprint Ladder competition.