Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Log Checking

To: "'Randy Thompson K5ZD'" <k5zd@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Log Checking
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:47:11 +0200
Randy! I have to clarify. I absolutely appreciate the efforts of making WPX
a better contest and I am not saying there is anything wrong with the log
checking.

I am saying that one can log as much rubbish as he wants without being
penalized as the only thing you lose is that particular contact. And that is
a bit sad about it. So if you get delusional by the end of the contest and
start hearing P5 pile up then you can just as well log them without risking
much:)

As I remember it has become known that in CQ160 contest DX QSOs have been
logged by stations who never actually worked the DX, maybe just hoping that
DX does not send log and they get credit (which they have probably got). So
I don't like that motivation of logging stuff just in case in any contest.

So I am afraid K3BU is not entirely with me on that but let's introduce 3
QSO penalty in WPX as well!:)

73
Tonno
es5tv