[CQ-Contest] RDXC Log Checking

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Log Checking
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:15:29 -0400
It seems to me that the real problem is that the RDXC is the only major
contest that penalizes Station A if Station B miscopies his serial
number.  Because such errors aren't penalized in other contests, a very
pervasive pattern has developed - if the calling station thinks he has
copied the number correctly, then he simply goes on to send his.  If the
running station is comfortable with what he copied, he simply says "TU" or
some variant and continues running.

It is a little hard for me to picture how anything the running station can
do will significantly improve the calling station's accuracy, unless he
wants to insist on getting his serial number repeated back to him.  Please,
no...anything but that!

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and updated daily
www.conteststations.com