Re: [CQ-Contest] Single band operation.

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Single band operation.
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:33:14 -0700
Doug,EI2CN, wrote:

>I sometimes wish to enter a major contest such as the CQ or ARRL tests
>single band.   The choice might be 160 M while at other times I would pick
>20 M or 15 M.   Often my choice is such that it is not necessary to operate
>for the whole forty-eight hours which my 65 year body increasingly
dislikes.

Precisely why MY '65 year old body' chose to enter the 20M single band
category as VP2VVA this year (and still hand out the VP2V mult for a while
on 40m & 80m when 20 went in the tank.

>It would be nice to be able to dip into 160M when choosing to operate
single
>band on 15 M or 10 M or vice versa.   Can this be done and still maintain a
>single band entry?   If so how is it done?   Other than administration
>difficulties I can not see why this should be discouraged.   Thanking you
in
>advance for any info.

With regard to the ARRL CW DX Contest, I inquired directly to KX9X before my
trip.  In a nutshell, Sean said to submit my log with all  QSOs (regardless
of band), but to use the following in the header for a 20M single band
(official) entry:

CATEGORY-BAND: 20M

Hmmm.guess I better get my log submitted now before the deadline :^)

FYI & 73.

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust (a/k/a VP2VVA -> some trip photos at:
http://www.k6vva.com/iota/na023 )