Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, "'Iain MacDonnell - N6ML'" <ar@dseven.org>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:04:57 -0600
SO2R IMHO has effectively exploited the rules.  A single radio station does
not have this capability to circumvent what I believe was the intent of the
rules.

I don't believe the intent of the contest when started was the have a
station in HC8, KH6 or anywhere sit and alternate CQ's between two bands and
win them.

If the rules remain then SO2R should be scored separately.  I have been a
huge opponent of this but when SO2R simply escapes the QSY rule by making a
2nd radio contact with almost no effort people that are single radio are at
a fairly significant disadvantage.

Cqing us usually a good thing but the Sprints are becoming a dueling cq
contest and not a sprint.

Maybe it is just the Sprints dirty little secret.  This whole exchange has a
sour taste to it.

Maybe it is just me.

never get over." Ben Franklin