Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: "'Steve Sacco'" <nn4x@embarqmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:37:34 -0600
Steve,

You hit the nail on the head with what is wrong with the world.  We have
people and agencies doing things they have absolutely no authority to be
doing what it is they are doing.

I am not empowered to do anything to an amateur operating out of band.  I
can certainly report him to the FCC or his/her radio agency but that is the
end of it other than talking to him or pointing out he/she is out of band
and we can attempt to exert some peer pressure.  After that it will be up to
the regulating agency to deal with it.