Re: [CQ-Contest] Web casts for Dayton?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web casts for Dayton?
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:28:44 -0500
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 01:55:48PM -0600, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> Has there been any thought to possibly webcasting some of the forums
> <dinner banquet ...> Or at the least videos could be put on YouTube...

I second that emotion. I cannot make it to Dayton this year,
and I will really miss seeing many of my old and new friends.
I understand a certain amount of "must be present to play"
especially for Contest University. Transcripts of the antenna
and contest forums have been available for years, and many are
now posted for free thanks to K3LR and others.

I do wish there was some way for those of us unable to attend
Dayton to hear the banquet talks, and other important items for
the community (like K5ZD talking about ethics, for example.)
I especially hate to miss hearing one of my contesting heroes
K3LR speak at the banquet. I'd be there if I could, but it's
just not in the cards this year. If anyone does happen to make
an audio or video recording, I'd be most grateful for a copy.

73

-Kirk  K4RO