Re: [CQ-Contest] Drugs, Sleep and Contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Drugs, Sleep and Contesting
From: "Chet Moore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:27:29 -0400
Hi Pete,

After reading what Provigil was able to do for military pilots I asked for
and my doctor prescribed me 5 provigil pills 2 years back.  I took them
during the contest up at W3PP.  I used to be able to stay up 24 hours but
that was 10 years ago. Now my eyes typically slam shut around 0300 the first
night of the contest.  Provigil didn't work for me. Even though I really
tried to stay up, I still felt tired and I ended up still going to be about
0330 and fell  asleep immediately.  I practically had to be pried out of my
sleeping bag for the sunrise opening.  Saturday night was a repeat of
Friday night.For me, I found Provigil to be ineffective.  YMMV

73

Chet