Re: [CQ-Contest] S&P Rate

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] S&P Rate
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:40:14 -0400
I agree with Tonno, ES5TV.  If you are serious about a top 10 score then you
must CQ.  When you are real busy with a pile up then S&P on SO2R is
difficult.  I would expect someone with a good signal could maybe hit 120
Q's in only S&P mode at least on this side.

Stateside stations usually don't command the pile up
of  (semi rare DX) so being effective in S&P on SO2R in the main way to make
up the difference.  Just as in Multi Single in the CQ WW being able to find
and work mults is critical.

73 Dave K4JRB