Re: [CQ-Contest] License

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] License
From: "Jukka Klemola" <jukka.klemola@elisanet.fi>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 01:54:11 +0300
I do not know about frequency boundaries for all countries.
In Finland 7040 is not stated by law.

In this case the question is about basic paper work and agreements.
It is a fundamental question if the basic paper work is in order or not.

Squeezing the screw:
There are contests that deny using some frequency segments but in real
life allow using the denied-by-the-rules frequencies.
It gives huge advantage for the stations misbehaving as there is very
little QRM by competitors and they get the trophies alright.

Squeezing more:
There are layers beyond even this.
Being a legitimate contact means by many countries' written regulation
that each stations' calls must be presented at the beginning and at the
end of a contact.

I am sure we can get even stricter than this level if we want to.

That is what the reflectors are about. Free speech for all.
Individuals then decide their own likings down to the decision of
participation.

This case Yuri put on a pedestal is one the contest sponsor decided it
matters.
The contest sponsors get to say what is allowed and what is not.

Contesters participate contests.
Contest sponsors do a lot of things to run the contests.
Contesters respect contest sponsors work.
Including the contest rules.

Then, action and decisions of the contest committee are official and
final.

73,
Jukka OH6LI