[CQ-Contest] License

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] License
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@qrz.ru>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:51:53 +0600
 Hello ,

>>What  about  RA3CO  he still persists he was told he can use station's
>>owner  call  from  the  very  first operation, and I see no reason for
>>disbelief.
>
> Then RA3CO can produce something in writing from the Colombian
> authorities to support his claim.  So far he has not & the Colombian
> authorities instead have said he was not licensed.  QED, I think.

Well,  If  I  come  to  the USA and operate someone's station with the
licence  owner  sitting  in  the  chair  next to me and supervising my
operation  I  still  do  not  need  "something in writing" to prove my
operation  was  legitimate.  It's the licence holder responsibilities,
not mine.

>>What  about  other  Russians,  the  answer  seems  obvious  - they get
>>temporary licences.
>
> How?  Your  country I doubt has many reciprocal agreements & none of
> your  citizens  can  use CEPT in any country to operate. That limits
> you to those places that look at an amateur licence from somewhere &
> satisfy  itself  as  all countries' licensing requirements stem from
> ITU-RR,   they  say  okay,  as  our  license  also  based  on  those
> requirements,  we  issue  one  of ours as you have one from home. VR
> does this. It looks like EA does this. There are undoubtedly others.

I think those limits are wider than they seem, you don't need to be in
CEPT or have reciprocal agreements to operate from most of the Europe.
YOu  can  still  file your personal application and get your temporary
licence like in old days. At least thats what I was told by SM6LRR.

What  about real DX places in Africa, Asia or Pacific or anywhere else
outside  of  CEPT  personal  application  for sure is the only way for
anyone.

> Wrong. Under CEPT & with a US licence _and_ US citizenship, then one
> can  operate  from  the bits of F that F has extended CEPT to, which
> according  to  what  F told ERO includes bits above that you say are
> not  covered.  Norway  allows CEPT in JW but not JX. Of that list, I
> believe  only  3Y & ZB are not possible with CEPT. Please, these are
> facts, get them straight OM.

Need to check it again, not all the bits of F as far as I know.

--
 RX9TX
 http://rx9tx.qrz.ru

 "Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance."     [Confucius]