Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation(what does it take?)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Categories, Participation(what does it take?)
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 15:10:24 +0000 (GMT)
NP4Z wrote:

> If these guys are you cautious to damage what has taken them a
> century to build, how
> about we get together and create a structure that we can manage
> and throw in all the goodies discussed in here, for a creative
> and committed search for whatever the interests
> of the ham community really is.
>
> With all the contest and Dx groups represented in this list, it
> should be fairly easy to get
> a commitment from all over the world.

This was done in 2000, offered to ARRL, CQ, FRC, YCCC and lately S5/YT
community to co-sponsor by providing publicity and some volunteer help, so far
no support.
Contest with good rules and remedy to various inequalities, honoring the
greatest engineering genius and inventor of radio - Nikola Tesla.
The old contests have their own tradition and inertia, here it is something
that would bring more equality and rules that reflect current needs.
Check it out:  http://www.teslaradio.org/Tesla_cup.htm ;

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV etc.
www.MVresort.com  home of future DXContestvention