Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of how to improve contesting

To: <Aldewey@aol.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of how to improve contesting
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:26:54 -0500
"I wonder if seeing your call in print is a
subtle motivator to new contesters."

It certainly is! When I was first licensed in the 1960's I had dabbled in
some contests. I had 50 Watts of power to a 80m twin-lead dipole up 20 feet.
Unknown to me, my callsign made it into a listing in QST.

One day when I came home from school, my mother was "beaming". She told me
John Lonsky (WØBSI) -sk- had brought over a magazine earlier that day to
show her my callsign in a national publication. I had no idea my measly
score would make "print". It was a motivator in my case.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN