Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of how to improve contesting

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of how to improve contesting
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:51:44 -0700

Personally, I don't mind at all having to go to the web for the full
results and they are generally easy to find.  In fact, it's easier to
use "Find" to hunt up various callsigns (friends, historical opponents,
etc) on a web page than it is to visually scan a printed page.  If I
want a hard copy, printing is an easy option and I can do it in any size
font I desire.

What I DON"T like is having to wait long after the magazine summaries
are out for the rest of the scores to show up online.  I can't think of
a justifiable reason for that, and it is a great annoyance if you don't
make the Top Ten in a particular category.

And while I understand the benefits of online scores being published in
pdf format, it would also be nice if they were available in a text or
spreadsheet format for those of us that like to sort the results in
different ways, or import the results into a spreadsheet for tracking
club scores.

73,
Dave   AB7E