[CQ-Contest] ARRL Club Categories

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Club Categories
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:16:56 -0400
For an ARRL contest, what determines the club category a specific club
is in? If I look in the current July QST, my small local club called
Bergen ARA is listed in the Local category for the ARRL 10 meter
contest and in the Medium category in the January VHF Sweepstakes.
Same club both times.

Based on the description for clubs defined in the general rules at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-all.html , I think
we'd be a local club in every competition:

8.4.3. Local
   1. 8.4.3.1. Club submits 10 or fewer entries.
   2. 8.4.3.2. One station can submit two entries - one on CW and one
on Phone in the November Sweepstakes and the DX Contest.
   3. 8.4.3.3. All members must reside and operate within 35 miles of
the club's designated center.
   4. 8.4.3.4. All members must be "members in good standing"
according to the rules and requirements of the club.

Any ideas?

David - K2DSL