Re: [CQ-Contest] writelog on XP

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Tom Horton" <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] writelog on XP
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:03:18 -0700
I had trouble using optocouplers. They wouldn't key the rig.
I went back to a 2N2222 with 1K in the base lead.

I tried all the free programs for LPT keying and couldn't
get any of them to work. I did get DIRECTIO to work.
Instructions can be found here:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/WriteLog/2006-11/msg00115.html

You can download a full trial version of DIRECTIO for free
here:
http://www.direct-io.com/

If it works, pay the man $29 right away. If you let the 30
day trial expire, it is a pain to remove and reinstall
directio, at least it was on my machine.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA