Re: [CQ-Contest] Who is to blame?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Who is to blame?
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:40:31 +0100
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>

<snip>

> So the big questions now becomes, should we allow the CC
> to enter our homes to inspect our stations so we can
> exonerate ourselves and be removed from the "suspects"
> list? The CC committee tells us that if they ask to enter
> our homes and we refuse them access, we will automatically
> be DQ'd from contests for 3 years. That's ludicrous!.

<snip>

> but don't require innocent people to be required to allow
> you into their homes for no good reason

This is depressing.  How can this mailing list be relevant
and interesting to new contesters in the face of such
obstinate and relentless negativity?

A "station inspection" means just that - no more and no less.

Station inspections, like tax audits or drug tests, may be
targeted or random or universal.  Athletes who compete have
no right to complain about drug tests, and contesters (those
who submit entries) have no right to complain about station
inspections.

73,
Paul EI5DI