Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Analysis.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Analysis.
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:59:08 -0600
>> Below is a log extract from a top M/S contender. It covers a period of 4
>> minutes and, ignoring the contact in the 32nd minute, records 20 qso's.
>> The run freq is 14099, there was one mlt on 21mhz, ignoring that one I make
>> that to be 10 frequency changes on 14mhz in that time period. Wow that's
>> some going, 5 q's per minute, 10 frq changes, >> plus a mlt....
 >> but wait, see how the times jump around? does that mean merged logs, why
 >> would there need to be merged logs same band, could it be two transmitters
 >> same band? Well I never!

If you're questioning the ability to have such a high rate, and be able to
intersperse some S&P QSO's.....

This is exactly the situation that having a network of SDR receivers placed
strategically around the world will be able to catch - It would be a simple
matter to play back the SDR recording to insure that the station was not
transmitting simultaneously on the same band.

73,
Steve, N2IC