Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Operation Announcement - Suggestion

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Operation Announcement - Suggestion
From: Bill Feidt <bill@ng3k.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:05:10 -0400
hank.k8dd wrote:

> A web page, rather than a reflecter, would be good for announced
> operations for Contesters .... NG3K seems to only wants "big time"
> operations and it's nice to have a page that can be printed for
> single & multi stations to have around. And a place for "small time"
> operations like we do to let everyone know where we're going to be
> operating from!

Just to clarify, I really don't try to exclude "small time operations"
from my contest announcement lists.  What I'm trying to avoid is having
to process and list a large number of SO operations from common
CQ WW entities.  Including these would inevitably become a huge
time-sink for me (the creation and processing of the lists already
demand a good deal of my time) and would, in my opinion, diminish the
usefulness of the list for most users.  But, I do include:

  o All multi operations, no matter what the entity
  o All operations from less common entities
  o Operations from rarer CQ Zones (for contests in which zones count
    as multipliers)
  o Unusual call signs

I also reserve the right to include operations that I believe may be of
particular interest to the community.

But, I certainly don't exclude "small time operations" that meet these
guidelines.

73,

Bill/NG3K