[CQ-Contest] A request from N9GTC

To: Cq-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] A request from N9GTC
From: Pat Hoppe <phoppe@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:58:24 -0500
Hello,
To celebrate our college turning 98 years old this month, our student
amateur radio club N9GTC is running a Special Events station.  The bulk
of the club is made up of non-hams working on their technician license.
(Most of the licensed club members graduated this past May.)  As the
club adviser, I will be present during the Special Event operating time
so that all of the club members can get on the air.  This is our
opportunity as a contesting community to show a group of technician
class (and soon to be technician class)  operators what great fun
amateur radio is.

Our operating plans are;

Thursday, Oct 29, 1400Z-1800Z,  SSB, 21.275 14.275 7.275.

Friday, Oct 30, 1400Z-1800Z, CW, 21.080 14.080 7.080.

They asked if we could do cw as well.  I plan to load the exchanges in
the keyer and "translate" for them.  Imagine that, some of them are
interested in cw...

If you have some time, please stop by the freq. and say hello to our
students.  Imagine if you were a non-ham working on your license what an
experience like this could do to boost your enthusiasm.  Some of the
college's administration will be stopping by to participate in the event
as well as they are big supporters of the club.

I hope you can stop by the frequency and say "hello".  We will send out
a beautiful color certificate to all those that make it into the log.

Pat  WW9R
N9GTC ARC Adviser
Gateway Technical College, CATI Campus
2320 Renaissance Blvd.