Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 hour straight contest operation and human output

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 hour straight contest operation and human output
From: "Rick Lindquist, WW3DE" <ww3de@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:38:17 -0400
I can assure all who are interested that self-contained, easy-to-use,
external catheter (also called "Texas catheter") urine-collection systems
are readily available without a doctor's prescription. Several medical
supply outfits sell these over the Internet. Over the course of 48 hours,
I'd guess you might need to empty the collection vessel, however.

It's not very wise to deprive yourself of nutrition, sleep and *especially*
water over a two-day period. Restricting your fluid intake can lead to
dehydration, which can have other health consequences.

Yes, the "radiosport" arena is highly competitive, but is making the Top 10
or winning that plaque really worth risking your health? Let's acknowledge
that a lot of contesters aren't in very good physical shape to start with.

Amateur Radio contesting is supposed to be fun, isn't it? When it stops
being fun for me, I turn off the radio and get out of "the chair." Guess
that puts me out of the "Iron Man" category, however.

Rick, WW3DE