Re: [CQ-Contest] Need advice re amps/setups for contesting

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Need advice re amps/setups for contesting
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:07:06 -0700

Yeah, I forgot that one.  In the CQWW contest this past weekend I had
guys calling me so far off frequency they weren't intelligible, and the
only way I guessed they were calling me instead of someone else was by
the timing of their calling.  Granted, some people calling CQ have
voices that are really difficult to tune (all highs or all lows), but
most of the time the problem is due to the caller using wide bandwidths
and not making the effort.  In my opinion, if I have to use the RIT to
even understand him on SSB, he's doing something wrong.

73,
Dave   AB7E