Re: [CQ-Contest] Ban all contest spotting?

To: Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ban all contest spotting?
From: "hank.k8dd" <hank.k8dd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:38:20 -0500
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have to agree with that statement. I remember the early days when spotting
> was done on 2 meters and was local. Worked great and it still looks the same
> on the internet. Hey if it works, don't fix it.
-----

I don't know that I agree with that.
Before the world wide clusters, when it was done on 2 meters with some
UHF linking around the state, you could tell when you were spotted in
different areas.  You would get a pile of 9's ..... and then a pile of
1's and 2's.  Not the massive pileups that you see today.
So it doesn't look the same anymore - at least not from the other side
of the pileup.

73    Hank    K8DD