Re: [CQ-Contest] Is holding QRG's legal?

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is holding QRG's legal?
From: Kelly Taylor <theroadtrip@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:57:39 -0600
I have to admit I'm on the fence on this one.

If it was a pre-arranged attempt to monopolize frequencies, then it raises
an eyebrow. If, as it seems from the description, two guys who just happened
to work each other and one made the request, I'd have trouble identifying a
specific rule that was broken. (If it was just a happenstance occasion, as
it seemed from the description, I don't believe it qualifies as an
"operating arrangement."

Is there really something wrong with a station asking "You want the
frequency?" If not, then is there really something wrong with asking "You
want the frequency for 10 minutes?"

I think when we hear hoofbeats, we should look for horses, not zebras. I
really have to cringe when some people immediately jump to the conclusion
that there is evil intent behind everything they don't like.

(I don't criticize the ham who asked the question. But some people seem to
be plucking the feathers and heating up the tar as we speak...)

73, kelly
ve4xt