[CQ-Contest] Running power in the contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Running power in the contest
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:56:00 +0000 (GMT)
I am speaking as an individual contester...taking OFF my committee hat.

Wally, from LZ9W said:

[snip]
In our humble opinion it's time for a group of stns in Europe to go back using
a "normal" output power. Power difference is quite "visible" when multipliers
are called trying to break a EU "Zoo" after a DX stn has been spotted.
[end snip]

Wally's comments from 3830 cw posting are right on target.  It would be
wonderful to make this a goal.  As a QRPer, I can tell you that it never ceases
to amaze
me how some "really weak" guys can hear me on one call, while some of the
loudest signals are totally DEAF to my signal.  It's not just propagation!  And
I that believe we
are not referring to "only" 3db.  It's time to STOP trying to make up for
atmospheric losses.

Thanks Wally!
de Doug KR2Q