Re: [CQ-Contest] 2010 WPX Rule Change Review

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2010 WPX Rule Change Review
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:17:29 +0000 (GMT)

> Why not simply retire the old records and start new? Other
> sports do this when there are significant rules or other changes.
>
> Mike, W1NR

 Let's go even further:
Why bother with records, scores, competition.
Just do it PC style, so nobody's feelings are hurt - everybody is a winer, no
need to even publish the scores.

You ever tried to beat the record? Takes years of growing and planning,
catching good condx, flawles operation, travel and mercy of three QSO
penalties. Just wipe it out? Sheeeesh!
If changes in rules are made, they should facilitate increase or at worst, just
slightly impacting the scores and records.

Beating the record is the culmination of contester's efforts after winning
bunch of #1 - IT IS SACRED and only ONE can be the record holder. Why mess with
the rules that would destroy that?

Looks like contesting is becoming as much fun as chasing DX on lists.
Cheating, 3 QSO "penalty", ZERO points for your own big country QSOs,  computer
gadget (skimmer) classified as person-operator, "change the rules to suit me"
discussions surely add to fun (not).

Let's try to keep some sanity and logic in contesting.

Yuri, K3BU.us
www.MVmanor.com