Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN

To: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] anti-contest petition MMSN
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:42:28 -0700
I'm quite certain that if this petition was put before the ITU they
would answer that there are already HF marine frequencies assigned for
exactly that purpose.

Why should yachties, with no knowledge or even interest in ham radio,
use ham radio for a purpose that is served by other frequencies?  The
yachties and the folks who "service" them on 14300 use ham radio only
because it is convenient, not because it is needed.

Dave   AB7E