Re: [CQ-Contest] new CQWW scoring rules (100% conjecture)

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new CQWW scoring rules (100% conjecture)
From: Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 07:16:22 +0000
You're right about the CQ 160 contest.

Got an idea. A minor change...

Change the word country to multiplier in the scoring. States and provinces are
multipliers as well as countries. Work someone in your own multiplier 2 points.
Other mults, same continent 5 points. Mults on other continents are 10 points.

Much more reasonable for North America without adversely affecting others.

As far as I can tell anyways.

73 and good contesting.
 Pretty sure I worked you in the contest Doug this weekend. Thanks for the
contact.

Scott Currier KT1B
Haverhill, MA

VI. Points:

                Contacts with stations in own country: 2 points.

                Contacts with other countries on same continent: 5 points.

                Contacts with other continents: 10 points