Re: [CQ-Contest] RAC Contest

To: Scott Currier <scott_currier@hotmail.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RAC Contest
From: "Bart Ritchie (VE5CPU)" <ve5cpu@imagewireless.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:03:32 -0600
Hi Scott

The contest this month (Dec.) is the RAC Canada Winter contest,
separate and different from the RAC Canada Day contest that is held
on July 1st - Canada's birthday.  That date is always the holiday in
Canada, even if it falls in the middle of a week.

The Canada Winter Contest is generally targeted for the last full
weekend of Dec.  Given the Christmas holiday can cause issues around
the target of the last weekend in Dec., our contest committee always
runs the contest before Christmas if the Christmas holidays are close
to a weekend, as it has been for the last couple of years.

For 2009, the RAC Canada Day contest is Dec 19th at 00:00 UTC (Friday
evening in NA).

The 2009 rules are posted at
http://www.rac.ca/en/rac/programmes/contests/files/2009_Canada_Winter_Contest_Rules-FrenchandEnglish.PDF

Look forward to working you in the test.

At 01:39 AM 12/6/2009, you wrote:

>I enjoyed the RAC contest this summer and look forward to
>participating in the one coming up this month. As much as I can at least.
>
>I was just curious as to why it is on a weekday? Seems a little odd.
>
>I checked on the web and it does not appear to coincide with a
>Canadian holiday.
>
>73 all and good contesting.
>
>Scott Currier KT1B
>Haverhill, MA