[CQ-Contest] 160 meter contest conditions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, okdxa@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160 meter contest conditions
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Let me start off by saying my antenna on 160 is pretty bad.  No, lets make that
really bad!  It is a 105 foot dipole feed with a few feet of twinlead, which
finally changes over to coax, and is about 35 feet high at the apex. People who
model it for 160 are reduced to tears.

Now that we have that out of the way, how did others find the 160 conditions
this past weekend?  For me, they were some of the best conditions I have ever
heard in the 160 contest.  I heard a total of 11 countries on (much more than I
have ever heard before) and worked 2 new countries on the topband-ZF and 6Y.
Also worked PJ2 and HC8 although I already have those confirmed on 160. Also
worked VT for state #46 on 160.  Overall, had a blast in the contest doing what
I could with what I have.

I did so much tuning on the radio I reinjured my shoulder which I originally
hurt on Thanksgiving.  Guess I will have to tune left handed for the 10 meter
contest.

73s John AA5JG