Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU band plans - just what are they?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU band plans - just what are they?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:43:22 -0600
* Richard F DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net> [2009 Dec 08 07:00 -0600]:
> I'd say you have 6 contests where conflict is likely...
>
> ARRL DX
> WPX
> RDXC
> WAE
> CQWW
> Sweeps

While not technically billed as a contest, ARRL Field Day brings out
its share of anti-contest rhetoric.

I find it interesting that in the wake of the recent CQWW CW 'test we
have heard a lot of, nothing.  It would seem this is a phone phenomenom
and there are two possible ultimate "solutions" from this path the MMSN
is seeking to have all hams take.  One is to eliminate phone contests
which would make many contest participants unhappy or another is to
eliminate HF phone operation entirely which would make many more hams
unhappy.  The second option is the typical "one size fits all" solution
and I think the complainers should think a few minutes about
"unintended consequences" before seeking to severely curtail and
eventually eliminate one popular ham radio activity.

73, de Nate >>