Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW contest analysis database

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW contest analysis database
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 19:20:26 +0300
Christian,

We have to mention that, as far as I can see, Fabian has used just distances
without including in his calculations the multipliers ( C + Z ) the stations
have worked. It will be even more interesting to see how scores will change
with 1pt assigned for each 500 km distance and total points multiplied by
total of multipliers worked. This is what I suggested and Fabian has done it
partially :-) calculating just km covered :-).

As I have already written - such a "Distance Based Top Scores " listing can
be JUST an alternative to FORMAL CQ results. There is NO idea on my side to
replace current rules of CQWW and its formal scoring system.

"Distance based Top Scores" listing will just MORALLY reward those in areas
away from heavily ham populated areas. This I would guess will increase
participation from Pacific area and it will be good for a DX contest like
CQWW !

73 , Wally LZ2CJ