Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX online score database

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX online score database
From: jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:51:24 EST

The data base must have been confused by a couple of my scores.   Several
times back in the good old days of zero point same-country qsos, I  decided
to get on and work some guys.  I had a modest number of qsos and
multipliers, but forgot to work anybody outside the USA and therefore got a
score of
zero  :>)

In the database my SSB efforts from 1992 and 1994 have my score as blank,
rather than zero.

The all time record zero  point score AFAIK  remains the 1992 CW  score of
W9XR(/3), 325 x 168.

A couple of years after these zero point scores someone decided that
giving a point for same-country qsos was not such a bad idea after all.  I
think
that has helped a lot in making WPX as popular as it is today.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

p.s.  The data base is very cool!  Thanks to all for their  work.

In a message dated 1/21/2010 2:02:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,