Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Idle-Tyme <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:22:34 -0600
That would be fine also,

It is the "Live" logging that is the bad thing.

For me even also.  It's nice living out in the middle of nowhere.  DSL
has only gotten here in the past 2 years or so. And all internet is
available only vis one company only out here.  And the quality sucks.
It's down  a lot.  Dialup you get dumped every 10 minutes or so.  and
then have to play russia roulette to grab an open modem just as fast as
you can after someone else was dumped.  Then the DSL  may go fast
sometimes.  but them other times a e mail that is only like 100K will
take ten minutes to download, and many times times out.

Run the contest then send logs in  60 min later or so  Is fine.  Live
logging  sucks
Joe WB9SBD
*The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle-Tyme.com