Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:24:05 -0700
Hehehehehe!

I got my license back in 1951 or 52.  I was too late to remember any flap
about using bugs.

But I do remember all the letters/articles in the magazines about how
electronic keyers were going to kill the hobby.  Even worse  was when
someone added some memories to the keyer!!

Then along came computers and another round of how they were going to be the
death of amateur radio and contesting.

So part of the problem is that we don't tend to watch history enough!

As long as we have reasonable classes to compete in, who cares what the
unlimited folks do?

But if you want to win overall, then learn to use everything that is within
the rules to help you make the best score you can.

Like that wonderful old lady said a few years ago, "Where's the beef"?  :-)

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Brenda, AZ