Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests
From: "Larry - K2GN" <k2gn@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:24:57 -0400
This is not talking about CWSKIMMER as a spotting device. I'm sure there a
thread for that somewhere!!!

This is about using CWGET, WRITELOG's decoder and others.

I am very disappointed that this thread has gone in the direction that it
has.

This is about copying CW with tools available to assist people that need it,
NOT WANT IT TO WIN CONTESTS.

I have a hearing problem!

I enjoy Amateur Radio, CW, Phone RTTY, doesn't matter.

I enjoy the competition aspect of any sport.

Decoding software makes it an enjoyable experience, just like the cluster
networks do.

Am I going to win any contest, probably not due to station configuration.

If you guys, the "PURISTs" are so good, why are you even wasting time
worrying about a stupid little aide like a CW decoder.

I'll bet everyone of you are using memory keyers or software that generates
CW.  If you can do that for sending then, I can copy it using my decoders.

As a matter of fact, we all know  that software is only as good as what it
receives.

So, if you don't want CW decoders to be used, stop using your CW coders!!!

That will knock us CW impair guys out of the box!!!

I've probable worked a lot of you in the contest.  I don't think I ever
slowed any of you down, even when you're doing 35+WPM.

To those that have sent me personal email, I thank you for your support.

To those who are violently opposed to CW aides, the call is K2GN,  don't
answer me when I call you in the next contest.

Unless you really really need my decoder assisted contact. Bet you won't
bitch then!!!!!

IT's discussions like this that can really discourage new comers into the
world of contesting.