[CQ-Contest] WPX SSB UBN questions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX SSB UBN questions
From: "Robert L. Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:08:58 -0400
Hi,

I was recently reviewing my UBN report for the 2009 WPXSSB and saw the
reductions for Not-In-Log (NIL's), incorrect exchanges, etc.  That's fine.

But the UBN report does not indicate what the penalty is for each
category of deduction.  This should be made clear in the report.

What I do not understand, are the reductions for "Incorrect Call".  "Incorrect
Call"
is described in the UBN as"The call logged for these contacts was determined
to be incorrect.  QSO removed with additional penalty".   The penalty is not
explained and there is no explanation for how the call was determined to be
"incorrect".

In CQWW, there is a category where busted calls are shown with letter codes
to explain if you were in another stations log with a similar callsign and that
station
has you in their log.

But in the WPX UBN report there is nothing to explain how it was determined that
the call was "Incorrect".

Was I in someone else's contest log with a similar call and similar serial
number
at the time of that qso?  Was some sort of database used, and. if so, which
one(s)?
Were the participants contacted to verify the q? Or were some of these q's
arbitrarily removed?

Does anyone know for sure?  I would like to find out.

Interestingly enough, of the 15 q's deemed "Incorrect Call", 7 of them are
currently shown
in the QRZ.com and/or Buckmaster databases.  So the reason(s) for their removal
are
unknown at this time and should be clearly explained.

73
Bob KQ2M