[CQ-Contest] Power Permit and 2X1 Callsigns

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Power Permit and 2X1 Callsigns
From: "Ed, GW3SQX" <ed@g3sqx.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:22:05 +0100
Hi Trent,

In the UK, the top class of licensees (Full Licence) can get 1x1 calls such as
G5T and M8U, which are valid in England.  They become 2x1 calls if used in
Wales, Scotland, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland -- for
example, GW5T or MI8U.  To get the calls, a fairly new regulation requires you
to show some sort of previous contesting activity.  There is no increase in the
maximum power limit (400w).

The link to our regulator and the application form is here:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomms/ifi/licensing/classes/amateur/applications/ofw286.pdf

73,

Ed, GW3SQX