Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...

To: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and contesting...
From: "Donald Butler" <n5lz@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:37:41 -0600
I did the same thing as you, Bob.   CQ'd for a little over an hour at the
end of our FD "operating activity", and had a good run.  I had several "1D"
stations call also, but I didn't mind it all, because I was fresh meat to
many other stations who hopefully appreciated the Q.   It was fun just the
same..... I had a ball.

I have two comments:

1.  You acknowledge that FD is not a contest, but your post is about reading
and understanding CONTEST rules, so what's the problem with zero pointers in
a noncontest?

2.  I wonder how many of the "1D" stations who called you just happened onto
your frequency while S & Ping, and called you without realizing that you
were also a "1D"?

Don, N5LZ