Re: [CQ-Contest] Is anyone else pissed off...

To: Paul Gentry <Paul@k9pg.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is anyone else pissed off...
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 20:28:10 -0400
Paul,

For the past several years, I've gotten my Crowne Plaza reservation as
part of a reserved block thru the NODXA.  After being at $142+tax for
several years, we were informed it would be $159 + tax for 2011.

Price increases always suck, but  ours was 12%, not 70%

Back in the 80's, it was a crap shoot whether they even had a record of
your reservation.  There have been years that I've boycotted the CP, but
the overall hassle factor isn't worth it.  If all the action (suites,
etc.) is at the CP, then staying elsewhere is a drag.  If only a couple
of suites move to another hotel, they won't have many guests.  (MRRC
tried it once back in the 80s.)  All the suites have to move, or they're
shooting themselves in the foot :-(

73, Dave/K8CC
Staying at the CP in 2011