Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its

To: "'Joe'" <nss@mwt.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its impact
From: "Sandy Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:18:25 -0500
Hi Mark,
I think I was pretty clear that the only callsigns filtered would be those
of WRTC participants. This is ONLY to address the inequality that can occur
when patriotic cheerleaders choose to spot in vast quantities their WRTC
countrymen/countrypersons.

The WRTC is usually hosted by countries with more than enough 'other'
operators that nobody would not be missing a mult. That's usually the only
way to find enough stations that are similar enough to employ as WRTC host
stations.

I also think that the Clustermeisters should look to my suggestion as a
revenue opportunity. I am perfectly serious when I say that the damage of
being spotted FAR outweighs the benefits when you are at a station that is
loud enough to get enough interest without being spotted.

If you are the DX, spotting can be the death of your run frequency.

73, Kelly
Ve4xt