Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)

To: S56A <s56a@bit.si>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:41:06 -0400
I think that an actual RST report is pretty much useless as RST is
simply an opinion at best.

What may be useful is if logging software (voluntarily) records "S"
meter readings and this was kept in a database somewhere (with NO
bearing on contest results).  And again that would only be useful if
there was an actual standard for "S" meter readings. But this could be
compensated for somewhat by having a database of rigs with "S" meter
readings matched to an actual standard unit such as microvolts.

73,

Ryan, N2RJ

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:15 AM, S56A <s56a@bit.si> wrote:
> K8MR wrote: If you give him a 33(9) and bust his info, it may be partly the
> other guy's  fault for being so weak, or the fault of neither of you that
> there was  so much QRM and QRN,  so therefore not so much of a reflection on
> your skills.
>
> Actual RST would be great contribution to our continous research of
> ionospheric propagation.  Contesters simply ignore that!
> Fortunately VE3NEA launched CW Skimmer and now we have great database of
> worldwide signal-to-noise ratios.
> As of yesterday, CW Expert robot in DOS mode is active again using
> Soundblaster instead of 1991 TI DSP board.
>
> 73 de Mario, S56A

Ryan A. Jairam,