Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)

To: s56a@bit.si
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] no no no...it MUST be 579 (was 599)
From: mike l dol dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:36:34 -0700
 My two favorite "contests" right now are SKCC and CX.  In both;
seemingly accurate RSTs transferred.

When I work a CQWW or an ARRL DX  from my house in Burien, WA, 90% of all
contacts are at an RST level of 339 to 459 at the max

my last DX pidition (ZK1DRA) 90% of all stations heard were 589 to 599+,
QRN zero, QRM unbelievable

But the 5NN has a long history, in 1953 at W7AW/7, some operators used to
give out "579 WASH" to all CW contacts

mike w7dra