Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:41:31 -0600
Let me throw something else out here.....

First, I agree with not using /qrp when calling a station..... nothing but a
time waster IMHO.  Same holds true for DX pileups!

But... when I would be running stations I would add /qrp once in a while.

Why?  Well, here is what my little mind kept telling me.... (and that
doesn't make it right!)....

Say someone is running a KW and they hear me just above the noise.  If they
happen to hear the /qrp they should know that they should be louder than
that on my end and call me.  Otherwise they might just think it's too poor a
path and move on.

The same thing with another qrp station hearing me.... if he knows I'm also
qrp then they will call but if they were to think I was qro they may well
just look for a loud station to call....

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Caldwell, ID