Re: [CQ-Contest] Now Official: The Netherlands Antilles Will BeDissolved

To: <Georgek5kg@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Now Official: The Netherlands Antilles Will BeDissolved on ...
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:48:42 -0400
One can certainly infer that, and that's been the betting line since this
process first started.

But so far as I know, the DXCC Desk hasn't officially said anything.

So until they do, well, it's a guessing game.

Now that the Deleted Entities (Countries) list is open for additions again,
my suspicion is that the two existing Netherlands Antilles entities (Leeward
and Windward Islands) will be deleted, since the Netherlands Antilles as a
political entity is completely dissolving.  Curacao (PJ2), Bonaire (PJ4),
and Sint Maarten (PJ7)will become new entities in their own right, while
Sint Eustatius (PJ5) and Saba (PJ6), due to their close proximity, will
become the fourth new entity.

But that's an estimation on my part.  It's not official by any means.

We'll know for sure sometime in October!

73, ron w3wn