Re: [CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?

To: <al_lorona@agilent.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 05:56:26 -0000
Al you asked:"" If for whatever reasons the only station you had available
to you was a QRP transceiver and a low dipole, would you still operate in
the SS? ""

To me, and I suspect many other die-hard SS participants, that is probably
one silly question.
Over my many years of SSCW contesting I've operated from big stations to my
present 100% P.O.S. station, and I've never lost the taste for SSCW. Last
year I did SSCW QRP from here. I barely run 100 watts and only have 2
aerials. One is an HFV2 for 80/40 DXing and the other is a 132 ft center fed
w/open wire apex at 50 ft. I'm an old guy who has some very serious medical
issues that keep me in bed a majority of the time.
My point is there is a magic to SSCW. It is a magic that says if you're
breathing you can get on SSCW. I no longer can spend hours in this chair at
a stretch but for the time I can sit here I can give out points and give my
club some points for its aggregate score. I will continue until they are
throwing dirt on my face. IMHO SSCW is the premier contesting event of the
contest season......
Best 73

MAL
N7MAL