Re: [CQ-Contest] Best SS exchange yet!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best SS exchange yet!
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:57:56 -0500
I've heard many of the calls mentioned in the thread in multiple contests.
There's also the Many Zebras Walking call I don't think was mentioned in the
thread.

In a contest like SS where it is primarily US/Canadian stations, they are
usually (not always but usually) coming in strong enough that a repeat isn't
needed if there's no QRM from a nearby station, another op or someone tuning
up. My call happens to be my initials, but folks recognize it as the older
internet service and sometimes reply back and say K2 Digital Subscriber
Line. Doesn't bother me at all. I sometimes refer to it as Dumb Stupid Luck.

We have a bunch of K2Z* ops locally and they go by Zipper Broken, Zipper
Closed, Zipper Open, etc.

K2DSL - David