Re: [CQ-Contest] new logging program available

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new logging program available
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 07:50:02 -0800 (PST)
The program doesn't know at all what a new signal is. All it can tell you is
that the new signal is one you have not identified/marked yet. It is up to the
operator to listen and see what is there and mark it as a dupe or not. A "new"
signal could just be a station cqing who moved to a different frequency.

The program also has no way to tell if a marked call is suddenly replaced by a
different callsign which just happens to be exactly on the same frequency. But
over not too long of a time interval, there is a low probability of that
happening.

It's open source if you want to go looking for the CW decoder :)

Tor
N4OGW