Re: [CQ-Contest] new logging program available

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new logging program available
From: "S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 16:29:50 -0000
K3FIV description of 1975 radio identification program reminds me of similar
1990s project of one big EU multinational company done for the police of an oil
rich Middle Eastern country.  Hams try to decode callsigns active on dedicated
bands for a valid two way contacts.  I guess use of Morse code in military and
police has decreased and it is our responsibility to preserve 100 years of
history by puting our last expert knowledge into PC software.  Commercial
interest is probably low so we should introduce a competition in good machine
decoding of Morse instead of blindly insisting on oldfashioned reception by
ears only.  Progress in computer chess might be a good ilustration of human
knowledge development.

73 de Mario, S56A soon to go RU RYRYRY...