[CQ-Contest] NAQP vs ARRL RTTY Roundup

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP vs ARRL RTTY Roundup
From: "Bryon PAUL Veal n0ah" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:35:15 -0700
Walking on egg shells here but.......I think the ARRL should have kept the
"volunteer band plan allocations" on their most recent US Amateur Radio
Bands published and passed out dated 3/26/2007.  To a new amateur op, or
those seasoned amateurs looking to set precedent,  it looks wide open down
to the bottom portions of each HF band with an Extra Class ticket:

Looking at the ARRL US Amateur Radio Bands Chart, dated 3/26/2007, one can
operate RTTY and Digital on the following band
segments with an Extra class license:

1.800-2.000MHz  (General too)
3.500-3.600
7.000-7.125
14.000-14.150
21.000-21.200
28.000-28.300

I know the ARRL does not completely feel this way, as it has been explained
to me several times, but it is allowable, and there are stateside ops who
often CQ right on the edges of the bottom of the General CW windows and
sometimes into the edges of the Extra class CW windows using various
allowable digital modes- On 160M, it seems a volunteer band plan is well
known and respected- What happen to the rest of HF? -  Without a volunteer
band plan to go along with what are the FCC's allocations on the ARRL chart,
we are just looking the other direction hoping new generations of amateurs
figure it out from the QRM they may cause   (-:      (don't take me too
seriously, I am saying this with a bit of dry humor ... that is pretty much
most of my email, I just want to clear the air on this before getting
flamed)

I know, I know, the rest of the world has its limitations on band
allocations etc......I'm just talking about here at home....Peace, let the
Doves fly-

73 and good luck to everyone this weekend-  I'm watching football-

paul  N0AH..... I mean Fred, from Toronto- avid SWL listener-